By Yee Shun-Jian
2. If you never ask, the answer is always no.
3. Money is just a means to an end. Sure, it’ll be great to have a lot of money but what we really want isn’t the money in and of itself… what we want is what that money can do for us… what it brings us.
4. There’s no use trying to logically convince a woman. You can’t change a girl’s mind unless you change her mood first. Wait… that works for everyone…
5. Besides “I love you”, the next best thing you can say to someone is “Thank you”. People love to feel appreciated. Why deny them such a wonderful feeling, by withholding two words that don’t cost you anything?
6. Facebook isn’t real life. Real life is when you go out and do crazy stuff. Facebook just reminds you of all those crazy stuff you did.
7. If someone slapped you, you get hurt once. If you keep replaying that movie of the person slapping you in your mind over and over again, you get hurt a thousand times. So when is NOW a good time to stop slapping yourself and start letting go?
8. Nobody likes doormats. Nobody respects doormats. Stop agreeing with everything I say. Have an opinion. It’s attractive.
9. Stop looking outwards for external things, people and events to fill up your inner void. You’re looking in the wrong place. The answer you seek is INSIDE.
10. The iphone is great… it can help you do a lot of things. But it can’t give you a hug when you’re feeling down. So stop fiddling with your iphone when you’re out with your friends… unless you’re coding the “hug me when everyone’s gone” application.
11. Spend time with your family. Take your parents out for meals and movies. It doesn’t cost a lot… but it makes them really happy.
12. Nobody owes you anything. I repeat… nobody owes you anything!
13. In 5 years, you’ll look back and laugh at the biggest problem you’re having now.
14. If you aren’t happy single, you won’t be happy in a relationship. Another person only magnifies your problems. You’ll project all your unhappiness on the poor guy/girl and he/she is going to leave you and you’ll reaffirm to yourself that you suck. Happiness doesn’t start with someone else… it starts with you.
15. Love yourself first. How can you hate yourself and expect someone else to love you?
16. Stop reading about other people’s success stories and idolizing them and start doing what it is you are supposed to do to create your own success story so others can read about and idolize you.
17. Figure out what you want… otherwise others will just string you along to accomplish what THEY want.
18. Once in a while, do the opposite of what that little voice inside is telling you. See what happens.
19. The media is full of propaganda. Don’t believe everything you come across in the newspapers and on TV.
20. There is no magic pill.
21. Nobody’s zooming in on all your perceived flaws and judging you because of that except yourself. Seriously, most people won’t notice your beer belly until you tell them about it.
22. Don’t always try to be the hero. You can’t help someone who’s not willing to help themselves.
23. Most people equate attention to love… that’s why we’re always doing silly things to get attention.
24. Don’t be so afraid of death that you stop living and going after your dreams
25. We are so used to taking things for granted. Stop, just for a second, to admire the beauty that surrounds you.
26. At the end of the day, no matter what you do, you’ll have critics. Just do what you love and what makes you happy, and be thankful there are people who care enough to talk about you.
Source: Personal Development Blog by Yee Shun-Jian
If you think this piece can be useful to others, please consider sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Stand.Out.And.Reign! is our unique way of telling you to SOAR.
To Our Outstanding Reign,
Let’s Make it Happen!
To Get the Best of What We Do, Feel Free to Visit Our Facebook Page and Click the “LIKE” Button. Here is the link to our Page: http://www.facebook.com/standoutandreign